Greater Lansing Area, United States, North America
Senior (5+ years of experience)
28 Mar, 2017
Senior Project Manager
Our client - a worldwide provider of Financial Services – has an immediate need for a Senior Project Manager to join their team. This position is a contract to hire opportunity and is responsible for planning, scheduling, coordinating, organizing and leading large, complex business projects in areas of system development. They will work closely with the project team to plan, direct and coordinate projects from the contract/proposal initiation to final operational stage.The Project Manager is also responsible for obtaining metrics from the team and ensuring that the project management system is up to date and accurately portrays the status of projects. This is a 6 month contract to hire.
The following are high level requirements for this role:
- Proven ability to communicate and interface with business operations personnel
- Experienced in Waterfall application development
- Experience with a project management tool such as Workfront, Clarity or MSProject
- Consults with, advises, and directs cross-functional teams to define, launch, and drive large, complex strategic business initiatives through entire project life cycle. Develops complex project plans which identify tasks, effort, dates, and resources. Monitor, develop reports, and collaborate on resolving key issues, problems, approaches, performance metrics and resources required, and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Creates, manages, and tracks project schedules, including % complete, estimate to complete, dependencies, deadlines, and other information that may impact delivery or quality of project.
- Communicates with and advises the management team of project status including inter-project dependencies, external project dependencies and realistic timelines for completion.
- Works with team members to understand problems, acts as liaison, problem solver, and facilitator, escalates problems as necessary.
- Effectively engaged in the System Development Lifecycle, applies SDLC mechanisms, and enforces project standards.
- Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Consults with business partners, management, vendors, and technicians to assess needs and system requirements.
- Provides thought leadership in developing practical solutions to complex analytical problems..
- Actively participate in assessment, gap analysis, baseline, development, design, and implementation phases of IT Service Management process framework.
- Identify and communicate improvement recommendations and leads execution of initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage large-scale projects with a matrixed team
- Excellent knowledge of an enterprise project tracking system for tracking/development/reporting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and serve as a liaison between cross-functional teams.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access. Prior detailed experience with commercial project tracking tools
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to prioritize tasks and projects to meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail, exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent ability to navigate in a technological and financial services business environment.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to identify and understand complex problems/issues and develop appropriate action plans from multi-disciplinary perspectives.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment.
- Working knowledge of key areas of IT (app dev, servers, storage, database, network, security).
- Working knowledge of insurance projects and processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and/or education required.
- 7 – 10 years project management experience required.
- Experience working with an enterprise project management system; AtTask is preferred.
- Experience with technical development and delivery of technical and business solutions within the financial services domain preferred.
- Project management PMI certification preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt highly desired.
Job keywords/tags: Senior Project Manager , Insurance , Waterfall Application Development , Waterfall , Applications , SDLC , Project Management Tool