Metro Detroit, United States, North America
Senior (5+ years of experience)
10 Apr, 2017
ETL/Data Warehouse Report Developer
Our Client is a global, forward-thinking specialty insurance organization that includes 14 companies with more than 1,200 professionals at 40 offices across the U.S., Canada and UK. With an ever-broadening group of companies in their portfolio, there is simply not a more unique professional experience in the specialty insurance business than joining our client’s team.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying ETL process design and automation initiatives
- ETL development expertise in relational database management concepts and best practices
- Experience developing, implementing, and overseeing database policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and availability of their databases and accompanying software
The ETL/Data Warehouse Report Developer role is to design, install, monitor, maintain, and performance tune the production databases while ensuring high levels of data availability.
- Design, development and deployment of Data Warehousing and ETL process design
- Thorough understanding of stored procedures, T-SQL, functions, and SQL Queries
- Report Development / Data Extraction, create ad hoc reports and standard reports
- Ability to use complex expressions to calculate, group, filter, parameterize, optimize and format custom reports
- Knowledge and understanding of standardized Data Warehousing Concepts
- Experience pulling data from many different types of databases for analysis including Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase
- Perform SQL Queries, tuning and performance optimization
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring and supporting MS-SQL database servers
- Analyze database performance and efficiency and recommend changes to optimize performance
- Gather business requirements and apply them into logical and physical database models
- Ensure accuracy & integrity of data & applications through analysis, coding, writing clear documentation & problem resolution
- Analyze & translate functional specifications & change requests into technical specifications.
- Effectively interact with various teams within the Company: Database Administrators, Network Administrator, Help Desk Support, Application Developers etc.
- Work on a diverse set of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related sciences or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience developing SSIS ETL packages
- Minimum 3 years as MS-SQL DBA, experience with other DBMS systems (Oracle, Sybase) preferred
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Database SQL
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Insurance industry experience preferred
Job keywords/tags: ETL , Data Warehouse Report Developer , ETL Process Design , ETL Development , Database Policy , Database Procedure , SQL , T-SQL , SSIS