Metro Detroit, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
03 Apr, 2017
Consumer Electronic Device Driver Builder
Our client is a well funded, fast growing start up in downtown Detroit’s high-tech corridor. The company is an industry leading Cloud based provider developing the next generation of tools that connect audio/video equipment, lighting, heating and cooling, home security, etc. to the Internet, smartphones and Internet mobile devices. The company manages its development and support from their headquarters in heart of Downtown Detroit, MI, and have systems installed in over 68 countries around the globe. The company is currently looking for talented and energetic engineer to help build consumer and commercial device drivers to help in the development of an innovative, easy-to-use, fully featured, and flexible cloud-integrated control platform.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- 1-5+ Years of experience with Consumer & Commercial Electronic Device Programming/Development
- Experience with Manufacturers API or Control Protocol for building Device Drivers
- Strong Interest in Electronics (Audio/Visual) and New technology, IoT etc.
- Be part of a small team in an exciting, fast-paced, and innovative environment.
- Learn about and work with bleeding edge technologies to create outstanding AV and IoT control and automation solutions.
- Work with consumer & commercial electronics manufacturers to build device drivers to control their equipment from within an established automation platform.
- Operate in a fast paced team environment,
- Understand the manufacturers API or control protocol and using a Device Driver Editor to create Device Drivers and test Device drivers in our lab.
- 3+ years of Electronic Device Programming Experience is desired.
- Knowledge of consumer and commercial electronic devices
- Ability to read and understand control protocols and APIs
- Understanding of ASCII, HEX and Binary data formats
- Experience with JSON and XML formats
- Previous experience writing device drivers
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of Docklight, Hercules, Terminal, Putty (Preferred)
- Ability to write LUA scripts (Preferred)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related degree with an excellent academic record (Preferred)
Job keywords/tags: Electronic Device Programming , Manufacturers API , Control Protocol , Audio/Visual , IoT