Greater Lansing Area, United States, North America
Senior (5+ years of experience)
$70K - $90K
22 May, 2017
Unified Communications Engineer
Our client is a long standing, Michigan based manufacturer with an industry leading product line sold worldwide. The company manufactures their own production equipment and raw materials used in the manufacturing process. They are growing rapidly and incorporating corporate wide technology advancements including video conferencing capabilities on a broad scale. The Unified Communications Engineer will take ownership of the company’s Cisco collaboration and video technology environment, including day-to-day support, upgrading the infrastructure, delivering projects, vendor management, training, researching new solutions and driving adoption across the enterprise.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- 5+ Years of Network Engineering Experience with Cisco Video Applications (VCS Control/Expressway, TMS, TMSXE, MCU, CUCM, Expressway C&E, Jabber, Prime Collaboration Manager)
- Experience w/ Cisco Unified Communications, specifically CUCM
- Work closely with Network Engineering team to troubleshoot daily technical issues
- Administer and optimize current video conferencing platforms.
- Provide support and trouble shoot system (software/hardware) related issues in real time.
- Assist with the integration of Cisco and Skype for Business (S4B) applications.
- Help establish single point for voice/video meetings regardless of user’s device.
- Migrate endpoints from VCS registration to CUCM.
- Evaluate options for transition from VCS to Expressway C&E.
- Setup Mobile Remote Access (MRA).
- Upgrade our TMS and TMSXE servers.
- Implement “One Button to Push” feature in conference rooms.
- Deploy a video record/stream solution for the enterprise (unified video repository).
- Improve end user experience through strong customer service.
- Help educate the Network Engineering team and other support services on Cisco VC troubleshooting and configuration.
- Create a QoS plan for all of our video applications (Cisco VC, WebEx, S4B, et cetera…
- 5+ Years of Network / Collaboration Engineering Experience in an enterprise class environment.
- Cisco Video Applications – VCS Control/Expressway, TMS, TMSXE, MCU, CUCM, Expressway C&E, Jabber, Prime Collaboration Manager
- Cisco Codec Hardware – TC endpoints, DX, SX, MX, EX, and C Series
- Understanding of protocols (SIP, H.323, H.264, RTP, etc.)
- Knowledge with Quality of Service (QoS)
- Basic understanding or background in Audio/Visual systems in general
- Cisco to Lync/Skype for Business integration experience
- Cisco Unified Communication Manager (CUCM) experience
- Networking skills (router/switch)
- Unified Communications skills in general
- CCNA / CCNE Certification - Collaboration and/or Voice (Preferred)
- Crestron Certification (Preferred)
Job keywords/tags: Unified Communications Engineer , Network Engineer , Cisco Video Applications , VCS Control / Expressway , TMS , TMSXE , MCU , CUCM , Expressway C&E , Jabber , Prime Collaboration Manager , Cisco Unified Communications