Troy, United States, North America
Mid Career (2+ years of experience)
15 May, 2017
Our client is a Michigan based financial institution with over 200 locations around the Midwest providing Personal Banking, Business Banking and Wealth Management services. The corporation is modernizing many of their systems and performing a number of consolidation efforts in an effort to better serve customers with online products and finance incentives. The company has an opening for a Systems Engineer who will be responsible for managing tools and solutions to proactively monitor infrastructure, application, SAS and Cloud based technologies. Will work across multiple departments and 3rd party providers to identify capacity and complex performance related issues with IT systems. Primary responsibility will be to maintain monitoring and alerting services, as well as provide in-depth technical research for change, maintenance and enhancement to existing infrastructure tools and technologies.
The following are high level requirements for the role:
- 3 Years Experience with Monitoring Systems in an Operational and Engineering capacity (SolarWinds Required)
- Well Rounded in Network and System Engineering & Administration (Server, Storage, Router, Switch, Firewall etc.)
- Capable of running a project life-cycle – Requirements/Current State Evaluation, System Design, Implementation and Integration.
- Administers capacity and performance utilization reporting.
- Ownership of tools to monitor health of IT services including device, application, IaaS, cloud, SAAS and other services.
- Provides predictive planning and forecasts capacity requirements for IT components.
- Enables automated alerts and notifications.
- Provides dashboards, tools and reports for operations and other teams.
- Work with multiple teams such as network/system engineers, operations engineers, application engineers and outside vendors to engineer monitoring and alerting services.
- Gather requirements, setup tools and deliver robust monitoring solutions.
- Other duties as requested.
- 3+ years of detailed technical experience including defining, designing and implementing monitoring systems.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- In-depth knowledge of network management, virtualization, storage solutions, data center management and monitoring tools.
- Experience with Orion SolarWinds (Required).
- Experience with Cisco Prime (Preferred)
- Experience monitoring and alerting for SAS based solution issues and availability.
- Ability to multitask and deliver effective solutions.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities related to enterprise systems.
- Strong verbal/written skills and the ability to effectively interface with internal business clients, operations teams, technical engineering teams, and internal audit.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
Job keywords/tags: Systems Engineer , SolarWinds , Operational , Engineering , Network Engineering , Server , Storage , Router , Switch , Firewall , Project Life-Cycle , Virtualization